If you or a loved one have been involved in a commercial vehicle accident and are wondering about your rights, you have come to the right place. Our firm has successfully and reliably represented victims of big rig, semi-truck, 18-wheeler, tractor trailer, and other commercial vehicle accidents. These accidents can be devastating and traumatic; the sheer force of one of these vehicles can result in heavy property damages, as well as horrific injuries. Victims may be left with expenses from property damage, emergency medical attention, further medical bills, loss of wage, home modifications (if necessary), as well as numerous others. Contact our firm today so that you may start your road to recovery while we focus on securing full and fair compensation for you and your family.
Common causes of commercial vehicle accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Driver fatigue – Truck drivers often work ridiculously long hours and get very little sleep. this may contribute to drowsiness and impaired motor skills.
- Speeding – Large commercial vehicles require extra space and time to brake. For this reason, truck drivers that drive too fast run the risk of rear-ending vehicles in front of them, or completely losing control.
- Poor vehicle maintenance – Improperly maintained commercial vehicles may be subject to tire and brake failure. These malfunctions may have devastating ramifications.
- Improper loading – The way a commercial vehicle is loaded significantly impacts the handling of the vehicle. A commercial vehicle may veer out of control if it is loaded improperly.
Our firm will work to collect evidence that may be paramount to your claim. These pieces of evidence include:
- Video surveillance of the accident
- Photo evidence
- A police report
- Witness testimony
- Relevant insurance information
- An illustration and timelines of the events leading to the accident
- Driver’s maintenance and cell phone records
Insurance companies often offer inadequate compensation for your damages. This is why it is crucial to understand the potential value of your claim. Do not accept any of their offers, no matter how generous they seem, without consulting a legal professional first. To help you roughly estimate the value of your claim, here is a list of damages that may apply to you:
- Hospitalization fees
- Future medical bills
- Loss of earning potential/livelihood
- Property damage
- Home modifications
- Pain and suffering
Trucking companies usually have insurance companies and defense attorneys working to protect their assets. This is why it is crucial for victims to employ the services of an expert attorney who will fight for their rights and justice. Our team of trusted attorneys will fight these big businesses head on, allowing you to focus on recovery. Do not allow yourself to pay the price of someone else’s negligence.